Skip to content
Work and Travel Company

Your 2nd year Working Holiday Visa Guide

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]So you’ve decided you’re coming to Australia for a working holiday. Then you’ve realised there is an option for a 2nd year visa or you’ve arrived and after a few months of working and travelling you’ve finally settled in, and now you’re seriously considering extending your stay in Australia. This sound like you? Well you’re not the only one facing this dilemma. We have so many young travellers that want to extend their working holiday but all they know is that they need to do farm work.

Here is your guide to securing that crucial 88 days of farm work to be eligible to apply for your 2nd year working holiday visa. You’ll thank us later!

The biggest thing people overlook is the fact that to qualify for the 2nd year working holiday visa is that your farm work and training must be done during your 1st year in Australia. This leads to many people doing a mad dash towards the end of their stay to try and complete their 88 days of paid farm work to qualify and apply for the 2nd year visa. This can lead to a lot of disappointment if you’re trying to do this during peak season and all the farms that offer the 88 days of paid farm work become full real quick.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]Things to decide to make sure you’re on top of it

  • First thing is to figure out EARLY if you think you want to extend your visa.
  • Making sure you conduct your farm work in the correct regions (approved rural areas are slightly different for 462 visa holders and 417 visa holders).
  • Make sure you have at least 6 months left on your passport when applying
  • 2nd year visa applications must be made before you turn 31


What you need

  • An intermediate level of English
  • A current drivers license (highly preferable)
  • To be willing to work hard and get your hands dirty
  • To be prepared for a challenge
  • A current working holiday 417 or 462 visa
  • A Tax File Number, Australian Bank Account and Medicare card (if applicable)
  • Appropriate work and travel insurance


If you’re a current Work and Travel Company member most of the things you need we would have done or applied for you.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]Once you have all this in order the hard work starts. Finding a farm that will sign off on your farm work hours/days (note: it is possible to complete your 88 days of farm work at multiple farms). The Work and Travel Company team can help you with organising farm training and GAURANTEED 88 days farm work for 2nd year visa sign off.

You do not need to be a Work and Travel Company member to apply for our farm training and guaranteed 88 days farm work program. Click the button below to find out how![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_button button_color=”accent” size=”btn-lg” border_width=”0″ link=”|||”]FIND OUT MORE[/vc_button][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Got a question?

Need advice from a travel expert?

Live Chat with us using the button below or send us a message!